Gruppo Ingegneria Torino brings together expertise and professionalism in the Fire prevention sector within the Group from the fields of structural, civil and plant engineering with the aim of offering a transversal and integrated consultancy on fire prevention.
The Fire prevention sector, mainly composed by engineers qualified as Fire prevention Professionals, is able to build solutions for industrial, residential and tertiary activities based on both prescriptive and performance approach, using in a scientific way the methods of Fire Safety Engineering where the application of engineering methods can identify new scenarios with respect to vertical rules.
Gruppo Ingegneria Torino invests in software and continuous training for the creation of advanced fluid dynamic models based on calculation programs such as FDS and SmokeView, capable of simulating complex fire scenarios and the consequent dynamics of interference with the safety of people.
Thanks to the specific preparation of the single professionals of the Sector, we are able to satisfy all the necessities of the Customer starting from the feasibility study and fire prevention project, passing through the fire safety certification of the works, the Supervision of Works and the Tests and completing the offer with the fulfilment of fire prevention paperwork for the Control Bodies and the National Body of the Fire Brigades.
The consultancy is also aimed at activities of adaptation to fire regulations and obtaining the C.P.I. or SCIA for existing civil, school and industrial buildings.
Head of the Sector
Giuseppe Innocente, Andrea Di Rosa, Francesco Micelli, Paola Pasqualini, Pasquale Matarazzo
Gruppo Ingegneria Torino’s Fire prevention Sector, through a continuous exchange of competences and professional synergies to support our Customers, when necessary avails itself of the collaboration of firms and companies with specific and recognized skills.
Risk Analysis and Fire Safety Engineering
- Fire risk assessment with classical methods and Fire Safety Engineering methods
- Fluid dynamics simulation of fire scenarios and analysis of combustion products behaviour
- Field model simulation of temperature and thermal stress profiles of structures
Fire prevention design and works management
- Fire prevention design coordinated with:
- architecture, building, structures and plants
- thermo-hydraulic, electrical and special technological service plants
- safety systems for active and passive protection
- safety pursuant to Legislative Decree 81/08 for the prevention and protection of occupants
- Works management and coordination of the activities of:
- construction of fire prevention structures
- installation of technological service and safety plants.
Consultancy on activities subject to periodic inspection by the fire brigade
- Feasibility study and mapping of activities subject to fire prevention controls pursuant to Presidential Decree 151/11
- Definition of fire safety requirements prior to the engineering design of the works
- Preparation and certification of relevant documentation:
- load-bearing and subdivision structures
- technological installations
- products and materials used for fire resistance and reaction to fire purposes
- various active and passive safety systems
- Fire prevention management pursuant to Legislative Decree 81/08 by drafting:
- DVR – Risk Assessment Document
- security management procedures
- training and coaching
- emergency plans
- escape route system
- Fire prevention procedures with ordinary approach and fire engineering approach, according to the provisions of Presidential Decree 151/11, with compilation and delivery of the mandatory ministerial forms at the Provincial Fire Brigade of reference
- Direct confrontation with the officials of the Fire Brigade in charge of verifying the abovementioned practices and technical-professional assistance during the inspection for the release of the CPI.
Our clients include
GE AVIO S.p.A – LEONARDO GLOBAL SOLUTIONS S.p.A – LEONARDO S.p.A. – TRM S.p.A. Trattamento rifiuti metropolitani – LUIGI LAVAZZA S.p.A. – L’ORÈAL ITALIA S.p.A. – Various public bodies throughout Italy (Regions, Provinces, Municipalities) – Managers, Consortia and Companies of various kinds and purposes
Latest news and updates
News on Fire prevention
Factory 1895 Coffee Designers, a coffee research and innovation centre, has been opened inside the historic Lavazza plant in Settimo Torinese. The concept is that…